Our client, a highly successful grain and pulse processor, is a well-respected growing organization. In operation for almost ten years, they have grown and expanded steadily over the years and have plans underway for considerable further growth in the coming years.
Our client is looking for a mechanically inclined and business savvy Plant Manager to join our client's team in the rural Swift Current area. A highly personable and collaborative leader with proven business acumen would excel at this role. This individual must be a hands-on leader that is willing and able to roll up their sleeves and help when needed. This person must be willing to wear different hats and change gears as needed including, but not limited to, being the buyer, dealing with clients, directing a team of colleagues, fixing problems in the plant and being a sales person.
This is a great opportunity to make your mark and further advance a growing and dynamic organization. This individual must be able to effectively manage all aspects of the business including effectively mentoring and coaching a team, providing constructive feedback and holding people accountable.
- Responsible for the plant and all costs
- Provide leadership and management for the plant including supporting growth and development plant wide
- Perform Performance Management reviews on direct reports
- Ensure that resources are adequately and appropriately distributed as needed
- Identify areas for improvement and work collaboratively with team members to address those areas
- Maintain open and continuous lines of communication with the head office
- Mentor, coach and train staff as required; remove operational roadblocks and resolve issues to ensure optimum performance
- Stewards the company culture, policies and ethics
- Ensures operational efficiency remains high while maintaining morale throughout
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years experience in a management role in a similar or transferable environment
- Must have knowledge and exceptional understanding of agricultural and farming industries
- Sound mechanical knowledge of plant operations
- Excellent people skills with the ability to instill trust and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Our client's culture is non-corporate, fast paced, team orientated and focused on further growth.
If you meet or exceed the requirements for this position, please forward your résumé in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the reference code #VPM-0416 in the subject line of your email.
All résumés will be retained for the duration of the recruit only; all résumés will be destroyed immediately following candidate selection. Personal information is reviewed by senior managers only, kept in strict confidence and used only for the purposes of scheduling interviews. By forwarding your résumé and/or application for the position you signify your acceptance of these terms.